We have developed two core training programs that are currently employed internally, with corporate certification issued upon successful completion.
1) Computer Systems Management Certificate represents the successful completion of all training modules, including quizzes and final examination. A further component requires 750 hours (6 months) practical experience.
- Hardware – covering PCs, laptops, mobile devices, and common peripherals
- Software & Operating Systems – Office systems (primarily Windows with a brief introduction to Open Office), Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with a brief introduction to selected Linux systems.
- Networks – network types, layout and design, troubleshooting
- Security – single computer to entire network
- Web Development (introductory) – basic scripting languages, programs, FTP
- Data Management (introductory) – MS Access, MySQL
- Deportment – personal qualities of professionalism, active listening, and communication
2) Certificate of General Business Management Principles represents the successful completion of all training modules, including quizzes and final examination. A further component requires 750 hours (6 months) practical experience.
- Basic Computer Skills – email, Office documents, spreadsheets, database
- Core Management Skills – financial, projects, staff, stress, and time management
- Personal Competencies – communication, decision making, interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving
- Basics of Bookkeeping – introduction to QuickBooks, setup company books
- Business Structures & Roles – types of business structures and the associated management roles
- The Business Plan – from concept to enactment
- Marketing & Promotion – marketing venues, budget, target audience